Welcome to April’s monthly update for Akuto: Mad World. This month I completed all the versus game modes and started to work on the minigames. Also, thanks to Bezrk.Brumafriend, Akuto: Mad World now has a subreddit. You can post any questions, feedback, or cool clips of your matches in there. I look forward to seeing what everyone posts in there.
You can read on to see what major updates were released in April, with a full list of updates following that. At the bottom of this post, you will find what I am planning for next month. And remember, if you like the game, recommend it to your friends or leave us a nice review.
New Content in April
Falling/Jumping off Ledges/Platforms
Most of this week was spent on trying to make the falling/jumping off edges/platforms work. I got quite far and even got the AI to jump of the edges (examples below). However, I couldn’t get the players to jump down the ledges.
After some research, I found it was due to an engine bug/limitation (thanks Unity). Therefore, as of now, I am officially not going to work anymore on the falling/jumping off edges feature. This means it will not be in the final release of the game. I might go back to it sometime in the future when I am closer to shipping the final game, but right now, I want to get back to creating more content for the game.
ARENA GODS game mode
Score one point for becoming the last man, or team, standing in the level. The level changes at the end of every round. The first player or team to reach the score limit wins the match.
Have you ever wanted to play soccer (football for everybody outside of America) with swords and guns? Well now you can. Basic soccer rules apply; get the ball in your opponent’s goal.
50 Shades of Gray level
You can now use stealth tactics in Akuto: Mad World. Not sure how well they will work though.
Fixes and Updates in April
- Blood particle collision updated
- Scores are shown for ‘Score Hardcore’ and ‘Juggernaut’ mode in pause and game over menus
- Updated camera post-processing effects to make them less GPU intensive
- Falling/jumping down from ledges are not going to be implemented due to engine limitations
- Stats menu updated
- New game mode (ARENA GODS)
- Fixed stats menu to record minigames correctly
- New game mode (Soccer)
- Updated lighting on soccer pitch level
- Fixed level intro plays for ‘Soccer’ game mode
- Fixed collision issues on main stairs on Acme Corporation level
- Blood particles do not fall of the level anymore
- Soccer ball physics updated
- Character pushback updated
- Explosion sizes updated
- Player spawn particles fixed
- Bots interaction with level props fixed
- Lighting updated on every level
- New level (50 Shades of Gray)
Plans for May
I hope to have all the minigames completed, or nearly completed, and start to work on the design of the singleplayer mode. Since I don’t have any festivals coming up in the next few months, I think I should be able to stay on plan.
And remember, if you like the game, recommend it to your friends or leave us a nice review.