Welcome to December’s monthly update for Akuto: Mad World. I can’t believe I have been working on this game for one year now. I thought the game would have been completed and released by now. But that was before I started creating online mode, and I can proudly say that the first version of online mode is released now. There are still lots of things to add, create, and fix for online mode, but it is a good start so far.
You can read on to see what major updates were released in December, with a full list of updates following that. At the bottom of this post, you will find what I am planning for next month. And remember, if you like the game, recommend it to your friends or leave us a review.
New Content in December
This is the first version of online mode. I expect there to be many bugs, crashes, and stuff not working correctly. This version is released to test mainly how smooth the online gameplay is between national or international players. I have also disabled the sword throwing ability in online mode, as I found it did not sync up properly with clients, creating a bad experience for the players.
Online Game Modes
Online mode has the following game modes available to play:
- Score Hardcore
- Team Score
- Team Score Hardcore
- Team Stock
These are the final game modes available for online. The reason for all game modes not being available online is because I don’t want to split the online community, where one game mode has all the players, and the others have no players at all.
Below is a list of online levels added to online game mode:
- Pier 2
Fixes and Updates in December
- First version of online mode released
- Mouse cursor hides properly when loading level editor game mode
- Mouse cursor hides properly when loading and exiting online game mode
- Online match host spawns in correct positions
- Players cannot join online lobbies that have already started
- Players cannot join online lobbies that have closed
- All bullets work online
- All bullet pickups work online
- Match limit is shown in online lobbies list
- Player’s cape shows correct team color in online mode
- All online game modes created
- Online team mode works correctly
- Pier 2 level playable online
Plans for January
I plan to complete one online level every week, whilst fixing all the online bugs that pop up. Easy, right?
And remember, if you like the game, recommend it to your friends or leave us a review.